It seems as though you’ve been away for the longest time. It looks the same, but everything has changed. Your bed seems so inviting and you wish someone would pop the kettle on.
Do you want a warm smile and a reassuring voice to welcome you?
You are looking for some support but aren’t sure if you want a Postnatal doula.
If you want emotional and practical support at this time I will:
- Meet you at home the day you leave hospital with your baby
- If it is a homebirth I will arrive when you call
- Help settle you in and unpack all the bits you took with you
- Show you how to bath your baby
- Support you in feeding your newborn
- Cook you a delicious meal
- Tuck you all up and leave you in blissful peace
I will be ‘on-call’ for you for 72 hours. That’s right. You can contact me at any time , day or night, with any concerns or worries you may have. If I am not able to advise you over the phone, I will come to your home. This can be so you can gain a few hours rest in the first few days or just chat over any concerns you may have. I love listening to birth stories, so feel free to share that as much as you like.
I believe that the first days should be about gazing lovingly at your baby and allowing yourself to rest.