Labour is beginning, you’re excited, maybe a little scared, maybe hugely pragmatic.
I can help you by
- being at the end of the telephone
- coming out to you when you are in labour
- encouraging you to relax and rest before it’s time to go in (if you are birthing in hospital) or doing the same as we wait for the midwife to arrive
- encouraging your partner in supporting you
- doing all I can to ensure your privacy and that your wishes are respected
- staying with you until after your baby has been born
- helping you to establish that first feed
- ensuring you feel confident about the next feed
- leaving you warm and safe in bed, cuddling and kissing your newborn
Keen to know what happens in the next few days?
I continue my support by
- coming by to visit and marvel over your beautiful baby
- keeping an eye on the feeding
- listening to you as you talk through your birth story
Don’t worry, I love twins. Nothing changes in the way that I would care for and support you.